Re: [PyrNet-L] end of an era

In a message dated 12/9/99 5:12:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Thanks Tracy, the ghosts have come back tonight and I see them all again,
my
 old ones  >>

I am always reminded by maybe the most poignant thing I have ever read about
our special old dogs and their memories.  Comes from Lady Grant writing to
Madame Harper on the occasion of Madame Harper requesting Lady Grant to write
about her dogs.  For many of you, Lady Grant imported and had Pyrs years
before Madame Harper (who is generally credited with establishing the breed
in England).  Lady Grant left the breed apparently before Madame Harper
started.  As you can see she did not move on without being greatly affected
by our special breed.

"Their names were: "Patou, Patz, Putz, Néthou, Pastoure, Pastourette,
Amoureuse, Ténébreuse, Allumeuse, Basque, Salome and many more. Oh, Madam de
Trois-Fontaines-why did you ask me to write about them? They come:  lovely,
white, faithful ghosts-trooping softly with light tread, across my heart-not
so lightly but that they leave an ache behind which will be never quite
stilled."

Lady Sybel Grant on memories of her dogs

We all have our ghosts.  What special memories all.

Joe