Re: [PyrNet-L]

mikej@alaweb.com writes:
>We have a 8 month old Pyr who gets very anxious when things are different
>in
>the house.  Is the normal with the breed or what?

Our Ivy Rose (7 years) is incredibly suspicious of anything/anyone new.
Yesterday, we had a new sofa delivered. We finally convinced her that the
delivery men had left, but not until this morning did she actually get
very close to the sofa. She sniffed all over and around it, but still gave
it a wide berth. Finally, this morning when I came downstairs, she put her
front feet up on it, the better to smooch me. When I come home from work
on the bus, I really get the once over--makes me wonder just who was
sitting on that seat before me! And occasionally she'll look through into
the darkened kitchen, see a bag that's been left on the floor or
something, and really start, or tear in to prevent it from attacking us!
Ivy is unduly suspicious--more so than other pyrs we've had--but I think
an element of it is common.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose