[PyrNet-L] Update on found Pyr in TN

Thought I'd pass on the this email from one of the volunteers that took in
"Big Al".  Seems with all the new area codes, the area code for the vet
clinic had changed and was no longer being automatically forwarded by the
phone company.  Looks like we have a "happy ending".

<< I kept trying to call the number on the id tag of BigAl, kept getting no
answer and finally decided to call information regarding this clinic.  It
turns out that the area code has changed to 865 not 423.  So the number is
865-376-7552.  I finally reached this clinic this morning and gave them the
number on the tag.  They said it belonged to a cat.  I told them that we
definitely had not found a cat and that it was a Huge Great Pyrenees and to
look again.  Finally, they found the owner.  It turned out to be a Dr.
Childs, a dentist.  I then called this person and they said the dog was
theirs and had run away when fireworks were shot off in celebration of the
New Year.  He lives 20 miles from where we found him and they too cannot
figure out how he ended up in median of Interstate 40.
    They sounded grateful for our efforts to rescue their dog and are driving
to the shelter today to get him.  They said they had spent a lot of money on
"BigAl" in training.  I told them that it was evident that they did.  So
hopefully they will come today and take this great dog home.  If I see them I
will tell them that they need to change the phone number on his tag.
Gwyn>>