[PyrNet-L] Chat: Pyr Photos for Calendar

The SPGPC board this afternoon approved doing another pyr calendar for next
year and I (perhaps foolishly) once again volunteered for the task.
Consequently, I once again am soliciting photos for the calendar, although a
bit wiser than last year, so I can give some helpful suggestions.

(1)  Photos need to be 4 by 6 or larger, up to 8 by 10.  I need the hard copy
photograph -- with our technology we cannot use digital photos.  Polaroids
are OK.  The photographs will be returned once decisions are made if you
enclose a self-addressed pre-stamped envelope.  However, if you want me to
preview a photo via the internet, that's fine.  I just can't use a digital
photo or copy thereof if the photo is selected, so it won't work if that's
all you have.

(2)  Photos need to be clean, and in sharp focus, preferably with a
contrasting background.   They should feature a pyr, either a close-up, or
doing something of interest.  The best photos tend to be those taken at pyr
level.

(3)  Keep in mind, the photos are for a calendar.  Therefore, the photos that
somehow convey the theme of a particular month (e.g. a pyr in snow for
winter, bright, colourful flowers for spring, in water for summer, with
pumpkins for halloween, in leaves for fall, by a christmas tree for
Christmas, etc.) will be more apt to be selected than other photographs.
That said, any photograph that is clear, sharp, conveys a story, causes
viewers to say "AHHHH" or is a photo that someone who doesn't know you or
your pyrs will want to look at for a month is also a good bet.

(4)  Also keep in the mind the background, which should compliment the
subject of the photograph, not detract from it.   I received several
photographs this year of someones beloved pyr in a cute pose, but the
background (such as someone's cluttered living room) was totally
inappropriate for the calendar.

(5)  Check out other this year's calendar or other calendars for either ideas
or photo tips.

(6)  Puppy pictures always welcome, esp. close-ups.

(7)  Deadline for photographs is Sept 1, 2000.

So keep this in mind during the coming year, and submit those photos by
September 1st.   I look forward to getting them!  You can mail them to me at:

2835 Tourmaline
Antelope CA 95843

Elisa Ungerman
Calendar flunky