[PyrNet-L] Events, Chat: MS Walk

Calling all pyr owners in Central California:  It's official: the MS Doggie
Walk is Sunday morning,  April 9th, and in Sacramento, begins from the West
steps of the Capital at 8 am.  The SPGPC will once again be fielding a team.
All you need to is preregister on the SPGPC team by either getting a
registration at Petsmart and sending or faxing it in, call (916) 486-8981 or
1-800-222-6677 for a registration form, or register by email through the web
site at:  mvccnmss.org and click on "ms walk".   Please do so as soon as
possible so we can get our team together.  Then let me know so I can keep you
posted on developments.  I'll be the team leader once again for the SPGPC
TEAM.  This should be noted on your registration form.

The only requirement for the Walk is that you provide a minimum $25.00 in
pledge(s) for each person (or dog if each are entered) entered in the walk.
Last year I stuck a note on the refrigerator at work with Boris and Sierra's
photo on it and got over $160.00 in pledges ... so its not difficult to do.
(They'd rather support the dogs than you most probably.)  There are
individual prizes for various pledge levels, from $175 on up.  Further, teams
can win prizes such as a team photo, achievement plaques and sponsored awards
party if we raise at least $1,000 dollars.  I'm not holding my breath but it
would be a fun goal to shoot for!

We will be doing the five mile walk.  With the dogs we get express check-in
at the registration area which is a good thing since last year about 4500
people participated.  There are rests stops about every mile, complete with
people and doggie goodies, beverages and water. (not to mention portapotties
for the humans).   This really is a class event for a worthy cause, as well
as pretty fun.  I had a lump in my throat as Sierra and I crosssed the finish
line and these various MS sufferers were there shaking my hand and personally
thanking me for our efforts for a cure.  It was very touching.  Plus its good
for two versatility events:  walkathons and public education!  For those who
want to send in pledges for the dogs, make a check payable to MS Walk in
whatever amount and send it to me and I'll forward it on.   It would be nice
if our team won an award based on the support form the listers.

So C'mon and join the team for a great cause, have some fun, and have your
pyr(s) complete two versatility events.

Elisa Ungerman
2835 Tourmaline
Antelope CA 95843

P.S. There are other sites for the walk in the California Central Valley,
from Redding down to Fresno.  I think this may be a National event -- for
those of you not in Central Calif., try the national website at www.nmss.org
for further info.  Or plan on being in Sacramento for the day.