[PyrNet-L] Smedley (last of the'

Just remember that Stephanie " he used to run like the wind, jump up, kiss
you on the nose".  The signs of a young, fit dog.  They get old and can no
longer do these things . I "woke" an elderly Pyr last night to give him his
bit of leftover beaten egg. I never used to have to wake him before, he
would be sittting waiting for it!!  There were two more waiting for it
eagerly but not their treat so when I did wake him, and held the bowl while
he supped I shed a couple of tears for times gone by and what life may be
like without him one day. There is nothing so special Stephanie as the "old
ones" and even though at the end of their lives they don't ask for much,
just to be there, it''s the big gap they leave which affects us the most.
Smedley sounded like he was heaps of fun and loved life but there comes a
time when they have to leave and I will need reminding of this,  as will we
all one day. Just think of the life you gave him and how much he is missed.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans