[PyrNet-L] Re: Breedeing question

Terry, would you please give me your view point on what can be said
against spay/neuter?  If you choose to own and breed, in the end that
will be your choice.  But I am not aware of any negatives in regards to
spay/neuter, and I was hoping you might enlighten me?  Thanks,  Cindy.

I don't know of course which negatives Terry are thinking of, by for myself I consider the profuse, soft, wooly spay coat a huge disadvantage, that is never mentioned when spaying/neutering is discussed on the list.
One of the nice thing about the pyr is the easy-to-maintain coat, and most spay/neuters loose that quality.
I am not saying that this outweights the many benefits from spay/neutering, but I think it only fair that it should be mentioned.

Lene Nielsen
Denmark
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/