Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding/rescue debate

On 13 Mar 00, at 23:35, Thomas Sheehan wrote:

> Of serious note. I did attempt to respond to a rescue Pyr from Texas about
> seven weeks ago. The reply that I got said that their organization would
> not send one out of their area. I really believe that there are many more
> possible homes out here. There is just a lack of coordination and
> communication between groups. What Say you good people?
Terry,
Rescue organizations take on the responsibility of the rescue for the
dogs lifetime.  It is hard to support an owner/rescue who lives out
of the area, which usually means the state or regional area the
rescue organization operates in. *Most rescue groups usually have
more dogs in rescue than approved homes.  Rescue groups communicate
on a regular basis, especially when a dog in need is in an area not
covered by a state or regional rescue group.
Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico