Re: [PyrNet-L] T.V. Commercial

Actually I will wager that a good many of us have raised kids and dogs
together.  My kids have indeed put sand on the dogs on the beach.
However as a parent I was there to watch and my kids were corrected for
putting anything on the dogs head and eyes in particular ( ears too ).
It is not amusing to me to see the child shovel dirt into the dogs face.
I also wince as the dog kicks dirt back in the child's face, for the same
obvious reasons.  While we may have raised our dogs as complete family
members, and trust their behavior with little ones, unfortunately most
people just expect their dog not to harm their child.  When something
does happen, the dogs usually end up dead.  I think some people object to
this, because of what this implies to people who have dogs, but are not
dog savvy.  And too many people fit this description  in this country.
If the dog isn't amused, what happens then?  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka