[PyrNet-L] Elk farm

Our property is surrounded on two sides by a working ranch. The last couple of days has seen much activity from crews pounding in high metal posts. When I called my neighbours this morning to find out what on earth was going on - they announced that they are starting an elk ranch! Is this going to drive my dogs absolutely bonkers? Each night when the deer wander down to drink at our pond - which is about 800 feet from the house - the dogs go completely berserk - until the deer have disappeared once again. What is going to happen when the elk are within 50 feet of their pens and our yard?

   To have such beautiful animals as elk wandering the surrouding hillsides will be wonderful to observe - but I do hope my pyreneans can get used to it! An elk farm on two sides - and my other neighbours are opening a "bee farm" this spring - where they are planting echinacea and alfalfa, for healthy honey - sounds like we are going to have an interesting neighbourhood!

Comments please,

 Geraldine

Geraldine Swierzy
SheepRiver Great Pyrenees