[PyrNet-L] Pyr Joke & intro

Hi all --

Delurking to post a joke I saw on the Newf list, of all places!

Joke of the Day, Thursday, April 27, 2000

A man walked into the office of the eminent psychiatrist
Dr. Von Bernuth, and sat down to explain his problem.

"Doctor, doctor!" he started.

"No need to repeat yourself, my good man," replied the
doctor. "One 'doctor' is enough."

"Yes, well, you see, I've got this problem," the man
continued. "I keep hallucinating that I'm a dog. A large,
white, hairy Pyrenees mountain dog. It's crazy. I don't
know what to do!"

"A common canine complex," said the doctor soothingly.
"Come over here and lie down on the couch."

"Oh no, Doctor. I'm not allowed up on the furniture."

<g><G><g><G><g><G><g><G><g>

I can't remember whether I ever posted an intro to this list, so I'll
append one here:  I had a very sweet Pyr named Pola from our local Pyr
Rescue, who unfortunately had terrible dysplasia & arthritis, which
meant that even with the best care available, she only lived to be about
2.5 years old.  She was a classic Pyr -- saw no point in most obedience
work, but was housebroken almost immediately and was exceptionally
patient with children.  She also worked as a therapy dog until she
wasn't able to move any more.  Pola had a great sense of timing, too --
she'd put her head in your lap, & you'd pet her & tell her she was a
dainty lass, and she'd let loose a belch that would've made John Belushi
sound like an amateur.  Brought the house down every time.

I'm hoping to get a puppy (or older dog, depending on how things work
out) this summer.  You know I'm a sucker when I sort of miss the spring
blow!  And we still have birds nests with Pyr hair lining them, which my
mom calls the "luxury condos" of the bird world.

Thanks for giving me a "Pyr fix" while I wait!

Vicki
vgreen@AbbeyEast.com