Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA & PS:Bulletin

In a message dated 4/27/00 1:55:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pyrsrgr8@yahoo.com writes:

<< I don't think you can simplify the issue this way - the current
 membership requirement has a purpose.  >>

Surely not, but this is a complicated subject.

<>

If we enforce the code and made public the offenders with due process we
would deal with these.  When I see new members dealing with rescue dogs to
farmers as breeding stock and portraying themselves as "agents" to the naive
public and this information is reported prior to and after membership comment
period, one wonders exactly what type person can be bared from membership.
So what we have now is those who are unfortunate enough to not know any
members to sponsor them.  We are a pretty big country and the notion that
local clubs will serve all are held by the big clubs with big memberships.
The old requirement of a simple two member sponsorship would probably work as
well as any limiting requirements and be fairer to all than the present
policy.  Maybe it was a coincidence, but the present policies followed fairly
closely a "record numbers" vote on a controversial matter.  Enough said, as
anything else is pure speculation.

Joe