Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: introduction of Wolves into Yellowstone

In a message dated 5/12/00 12:19:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
publiusm@visuallink.com writes:

<< It's fairly easy to pass on anecdotal information, especially when it is
seems
 exciting (all these wolves are flooding out of Yellowstone and attacking any
and
 every living thing). >>

That is not at all what was said.  True it was anecdotal, but our assessment
of the young lady was that she had observed or at least been made aware of
the two Pyrs that had been killed by the Wolf.  I was immediately quite
suspicious of her story, but in talking with her about this and many other
things for several hours, I believe she reported to me accurately.  My post
was not intended to give exciting news, but to discuss the issue of what we
need to be prepared to keep our dogs alive when they are out there working
their butts off for us and our livestock.  You have zoned out into an area
that is by no means germane to the question.  This is not a discussion of
whether Wolves should be in Yellowstone or not.  This is a thread that "can
the type wolves that were reintroduced into Yellowstone kill a Pyr one on
one."  If they hunt and roan in packs ( I believed they did as well) we
should know that multiple dogs are needed to defend and run off these
predators.  Lets focus on our dogs and leave the volatile issue of whether
they should be released anywhere completely out of the thread.

Let me repeat, I am only interested in information about the safety and
welfare of our dogs, be they Pyrs or other LGD.

Joe