[PyrNet-L] hero

   I had the most unusual thing happen with my pyrs last night. We live in a
2 story house with our 2 pyrs Bella, and Jordy. Bella sometimes sleeps on the
foyer, and Jordy usually in the garage, which is more of an office where I
keep my desk, and also have 4 large aquariums. This morning at about 3:30
a.m. I was awaken by My big male Jordy with 2 paws sprawled over my
shoulders. I wondered how he had gotten out of the garage since I had closed
the door, so he either charged it, or I just didn't close it well enough.  I
got up grumbling to take him back downstairs. When I got to the garage, he
was reluctant to go in with me. I walked ahead, and immediately noticed the
faint odor of electrical smoke. I didn't see any smoke, but could tell that
it was coming from the area of my aquariums. I began looking at all of my
filters, and when I moved the outlet wire on my canister filter it took off
like a fuse on fire. I quickly unplugged it, which fixed the problem. And of
course couldn't praise Jordy enough, giving one of his favorite treats.  I
always considered my pyrs smart, but was really amazed at his intelligence to
get the door open, and wake me up to tell me something was wrong. I don't
usually get up until around 6 a.m., and I'm a very sound sleeper, so I could
easily have had a fire on my hands to say the least. The whole family is
thankful to him.     Charlie