Re: [PyrNet-L] Re:flea prevention

Yes, dogs who are highly sensitive, or who have flea allergy dermatitis need
it applied more often, but like I said, all dogs are different. I have seen
dogs with FAD so bad that all a flea has to do is think about biting them and
they scratch all of their hair out. Advantage and Frontline have been a
wonderful tool to fight FAD from what I have seen. My oldest female gets a a
skin infection almost like a yeast infection from time to time after a
Frontline application. I am going to try advantage next time to see if maybe
that doesn't happen with that product. She prefers to stay in the house more
than the others, so ticks are not a problem with her. She goes out to potty
and play for a little while, and then is ready to come back in! :) All of my
dogs do great with application every 6 weeks. No fleas or ticks. My cats get
it monthly, but the cats of course aren't fenced, and with over 100 acres of
woods around, they pretty much go where they please. I seem to have more of a
tick problem with them than fleas, but with monthly applications from spring
to fall, it seems to help. We still find an occasional tick on the cats
though.

Melissa

<< That's what the package says, but we still find that for flea prevention,
 once every three months is NOT enough.  Our one bitch is very sensitive to
 fleas, and although we may not see a flea, she knows it's there.  Once a
 month treatment is much more effective.

 Robyn
 dancingpyr@aol.com
 Taylors, SC >>