[pyrnet] why you chose/ love your Pyr

I really had no choice in what breed to have Katie after having spent the
childhood with a large white dog!! We did everything with him, swimming,
walking, where ever we went he came too. He was our baby sitter when the
"olds" went out to Bridge parties.  I remember his barking if anyone came to
the door which they did very regularly,  patients needing treatment!!  It
was very sad to see him get old and be reluctant to go for the long hikes
later on or to the beach with us.  His favourite trick was to get out the
gate and lie in the middle of the road as cars went round him!!  I remember
my father and his sister sitting together at night, each with a dog under
their feet and a cat each on their laps listening to the radio.  They didn't
talk much both preferring to be together and the company of their animals.
There was no way we could bribe Simba Pyr and Major Boxer to leave them!!
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/