Re: [pyrnet] Responsibility

For those of you who believe that humans shouldn't ever "play God" with
companion animals, where do you stand on selective breeding? Since you are
ona l*st for discussion of a certain type of purebred dog, I assume that you
support the concept of purebred animals. If so, how do you reconcile that
with your views on non-intervention in the animal world by pets?

I know many animal rights folks (all of whom I like a lot personally) who
abhor the idea of planned breeding to produce certain types of companion
animals.

Also, what about neutering and spaying? Surely that is coercive on the part
of humans toward animals. Who are we to decide whether an animal has the
right to procreate or not?

Katie

The Great Pyrenees as Pet Page at :
http://hometown.aol.com/oxymomkate/index.html