RE: [pyrnet] Found Pyrenees in Dallas Texas area

on a recent vacation i saw a young male pyr wandering the highways near
johnson city, texas.  we tried to catch him but he would come near us.  we
went into town and told the sheriff who said that the pyr is always out there
and he must be owned by a rancher nearby.  i tried to let him know that the
rancher needs to be informed of pyrs propensity to roam and that fencing is
mandatory but he wasn't too receptive to delivering the message.

it was heartbreaking but apparently happening a lot as pyrs' popularity
increase.

susan