Re: [pyrnet] not sure about trainer's methods

Katie, I'm not sure what to tell you. You can learn from any
trainer, good or bad. I think I'd try another class with him, but
I wouldn't turn over my dog's lead to him. I don't use pinch
collars. I've never had the need to do so. At least he did give
the Rottie some positive reinforcement. If, after attending the
next class, you're still uncomfortable, drop out of the class, or
attend without Leo and learn. In the meantime, look for a new
class that has positive reinforcement techniques. What area of
the country are you in? Perhaps someone on the list can recommend
a class in your area.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com