[pyrnet] Unnerving Guarding Instinct

Yesterday,  about 1/2 mile away but in eyesight, a goat on someone
else's property let loose with one of those "My throat is being slowly
slit with a dull butterknife" screams.  My "new" female pyr went into a
mini frenzy and ran to the gate to dig under, I assume to go save the
goat.  Of course I stopped her and distracted her, which was easy
because the goat stopped the screaming.  Do all pyrs who have a strong
guarding instinct behave like this or am I just one of the lucky ones
with more precautions to take?  Christine