Re: [pyrnet] bo's adventure

Barb, so glad you're story had a happy ending.

About two years ago, David had gone to work on a Saturday, and I went with my
Mother to run some errons.  Baron was inside, but I had left Kes out in the
paddock area.  It was securely fenced, and we weren't going to be gone that
long.

Well, when we got home, after lunch, everyone was there EXCEPT Kes!  I
searched all the fields for her, didn't find any place where she could have
gotten out, then started driving up and down the roads near the house to see
if I could spot her.  Next I called the humane society -- but that was a
wasted effort.  Just as I was getting ready to go out again, a different
stationwagon came slowly down the road in front of the house and turned into
the drive.  I saw a huge white dog in the back, and figured a neighbor had
found her.  Then David got out of the car!

Well, to make a long story short -- David had finished what he needed to do
at the office, and stopped to look at a stationwagon that he had seen
advertised for sale.  He stopped by the house and took Kes with him!  The
"different" car, was now ours!  Needless to say, I burst into tears when I
saw Kes in the car -- I felt I had committed the ultimate crime for letting
her outside while we were gone.  And then to have David come home
unexpectedly and take her without leaving a note -- it just wasn't on!  From
now on, we leave BIG notes for each other, if we take the dogs anywhere that
hasn't been previously arranged.  If I had been a cat, I would have lost 3
lives that day.

Robyn (who BTW never did like the new stationwagon!)
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC