Re: [pyrnet] Canine consciousness

----- Original Message -----
From: David P Kintsfather Jr <kintsfat@kutztown.edu>
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Canine consciousness

> Our Pyr, Clondike, exhibits prejudice based on past experience.  A nasty
> Golden Retriever traumatized her when she was young and she is still
> selectively Golden Retriever aggressive.  I haven't figured out how she
> decides which ones are OK and which ones are evil, but I have to be very
> careful whenever anyone brings a Golden around Clondike.

    I agree-- we used to have a  nuisance black lab in  the neighborhood
that always "got out the door"  on its owners.  I used to be constantly
shooing him out of the yard, and my Molly picked up  on it.  He never
returned after the day Molly took a 4 X 4 chunk of fur out of his hind,  but
to this day when we are out and about ,  there is definite difference in her
attitude around black labs and around other dogs.
Nancy