Re: [pyrnet] Canine consciousness

Patric,
            We constantly find more reasons to cast off the old notions
of what animals are and think and do, in favor of more enlightened views.
 I for one would never presume to know what an animal is actually
thinking, or what it's perceptions are.  It doesn't have to think as I do
for me to
understand it.  Look at the changes in the way we think about them,
compared to people like Descartes.  And we find more and more each day
that points up the similarities!  I think those who study their animal
family members closely do find that they closely resemble their human
counterpart.  I think this will become even more obvious in time as we
expand our knowledge of other life beyond our own.  We have certainly
passed on our own physiological hang ups to them!  I.M.O.     Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka