Re: [pyrnet] Drool

I rescued my first Pry last March - Bobo - had been left tied to a pumphouse
west of town to die...he is now about 110 (he was 94 when I first got him).
Then, nine weeks ago I got a call about two more Pyrs which I picked up and
am fostering - I have wonderful homes for them, one in Vermont and the other
New York (upstate).  I did not know that there are various degrees of
drooling.  Bobo, is only drooly when he barks alot (commonplace for a Pyr) or
after exercise,  Jojo drools very little, and little Oru (Ru for short) does
not drool at all.  I have found that by tying a sackcloth towel around Bobo's
neck, I and visitors always have a place to wipe our hands, Jumbo Jenny's are
the brand and they work great - I have one on every door handle around the
house.  However, sometimes I come home and one of my other guys has had the
misfortune of "getting slimed".  I spoke with someone with Newfies and he
said that was commonplace - some have more active "trowels" than others.
Bobo's are more like canals.  I would not resort to surgery due to the pain
it would inflict on the dog.
Try stocking up on those towels and good luck.
Lisa, Bobo, Jojo, and Ru, too