From: sandy white [mailto:swhite2@houston.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 2:30 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20000829

Thea,
     When my prys were pups, they loved pig ears.  I quit using them for
treats when I read about nasty chemicals used in countries outside the US to
process them.  Soon after that, I read about the salmonella problems in many
dog treats.  So, yes I have heard it, but I have no way to evaluate how
reliable the warnings are.
     For the skin allergies, have you tried the fatty acid supplements made
of Omega 3 (fish oil) and natural source vitamin e?  My vet prescribed "Skin
Formula 3V Caps for my cat.  The bottle says it is also good for dogs.

Sandy White
Texas