[pyrnet] Important Petition

Subject: Degenerative Myelopathy Petition for funding research

PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAME TO THE PETITION BELOW. CUT AND COPY THIS
MESSAGE*
and send it to anyone you know that has a breed of dog which is
affected
with the same Degenerative Myelopathy as the DM of the German
Shepherd Dog.
These breeds include Belgium Shepherd, Old English Sheep Dog,
Rhodesian
Ridgeback, Weimaraner and Great Pyrenees.

*this will prevent the load time of the petition from taking too
long and
protect email addresses.

IF YOU ARE THE 100th PERSON TO SIGN PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE
MZ66@aol.com (Marjorie Zimmerman)

We, the undersigned, urge the AKC Canine Health Foundation to
allocate
funding to search for a DNA marker/fingerprint to identify
carriers of
Degenerative Myelopathy in the German Shepherd Dog, and other
breeds which
develop the same type of Degenerative Myelopathy. We also implore
you to map
any discovered markers with the Dog Genome Project. Since
Degenerative
Myelopathy does not rear its head until the age past at which
dogs are bred,
it is of the utmost importance to identify which dogs carry this
disease, in
order to eliminate DM from the affected breeds. We must stop this
disease
from gaining any further foothold in our breed! Due to the
increasing amount
of cases of Degenerative Myelopathy, we urge you to fund this
research in a
timely manner.

Thank you,
1. Carolyn Lavengood