Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

On 4 Sep 2000, at 16:17, Brian McGinley wrote:
> Yes I am educated on the breed as well as others, but at this point a
> lecture does nothing but hurt feelings. The fact is we spent $877.00 on the
> puppy, we don't have another 850.00 to 1,500.00 plus to pay for another dog
> from a breeder. That is the low and high of the prices around here. We don't
> mind waiting...we have been for about a year now. So as you can imagine we
> are a little frustrated. I know all about barking, my previous dog was a
> Samoyed, and the most stubborn un-nuetered male you could imagine. But he
> was a terrific boy! I hope I don't come across wrong, none of us are happy
> with this situation, but it is, what it is. We are litterally stuck. I plan
> on alot of expenses, we already have a huge crate...food, toys, plan on lots
> of obedience school, visits to the vet and so on but I also have a family to
> take care of here. We can't afford to cut our losses and go somewhere else.

Dateline ran a story some time back on where puppies from pet
shots come from.  The story is still online
http://www.msnbc.com/news/399912.asp

Now you can think I'm being harsh but what you paid for that puppy
at a pet shop is nothing compared to the medical costs of owning
one from a pet shop.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices