[pyrnet] Chronic Bladder Infections

Hi,
Does anyone have any home remedies for chronic bladder infections.  My pyr
got one when she stayed at the doggie b & b for a week (quickly cured by our
vet), but my chihuahua constantly has one.  The vet has given up (the dog
had surgery and urinates out of a slit, which in his old age leaks and he
holds his urine too long because he doesn't have the sensation to urinate).
Anyway, my vet suggested I look for alternatives as Speck is "building up an
immunity" to the expensive clavamox.
Any suggestions?

Sherri Artz
Western Cooperative