Re: [pyrnet] Neuter.

In a message dated 9/14/00 6:27:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, JGentzel@aol.com
writes:

<< It is well known, at least in Pyr circles, that they do not handle
anesthesia
 well at all.  So only allow it used when absolutely necessary.  That is a
 real dire need.  Anesthesia for hip x-rays is not dire, but most vets want
 use it as it is easier to position the dog for the radiograph and since
 positioning is critical to the reading it is the way that requires less work
 and skill.  >>

This is absolutely correct.  We recently had our youngest female hips x-rayed
by a vet here in the Southeast that does not use anesthesia when taking the
x-rays.  It was a 250 mile round trip to get this done, but well worth the
effort.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC