Re: [pyrnet] Hurricane Gordon

----- Original Message -----
From: "sandy white" <swhite2@houston.rr.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 11:52 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Hurricane Gordon

>      Sending wishes for a safe next few days to those of you in Florida
and
> South Carolina in the projected path of Hurricane Gordon.
>
>     The Weather Channel's new reporter, Carl Parker, is from one of the
> major network news stations here in Houston.  So he is experienced with
> tropical storm/hurricane coverage.
>
> Sandy
> Texas Gulf Coast

Thanks Sandy! I live in St Marys, GA which is right above Jacksonville, FL.
I went out this morning and swept off the roof to try to prevent ponding on
the roof. And tied down everything and moved things under cover. We are in a
tropical storm warning and are on the edge of a flood watch. Beau did not
like it when I was on the roof. He raised so much Cain that we had to put
him in the house so he did not distract me while sweeping and trimming back
branches that were over the roof. We are as ready as we will ever be. It is
a bit breezy thus far and has been misting. But according to the radar, it
is coming. Wish us luck!
Marie and Beau