Re: [pyrnet] Dwarfism

>Joe, from what I've been told by those who know a heck of a lot
>more than I on the dwarfism issue, there is not a problem with
>dwarfism in strictly working lines. At least, none has been
>identified. The only explanation that I can logically come up
>with for this is that none of the dogs in the pedigrees behind
>these dogs have a dwarf carrier.

Unfortunately there are breeders of dogs out there that have
no idea that they have known carriers in the background
of their dogs.   You would be surprised at some of the
dogs behind what may now be known as working lines.

I know a breeder who did do a test dwarf
breeding.  No dwarfs were produced in the litter and the entire litter
was spayed/neutered.
Kerry