Re: [pyrnet] U.S. Dept of Ag in Florida

  This is not pyr related, just an interesting note on the dept. of ag. in
Fl.   I lived in S. Florida for 9 years, and am also into tropical fish. In
the 60's the dept. of Ag. had a problem with Oscars having been released into
the waters of the Everglades by aquariest, that were killing of the native
fish. To combat this they released a larger predator, the S. American Peacock
Bass into the same waters. This had no effect on the Oscars, but did manage
to kill off most of the remaining native fish. You can now catch about every
kind of S. American, and African fish in the Everglades if you know where to
look, just nothing native (they're all gone).    Sorry if I digress: Charlie

Oliverslb@aol.com writes:
 I cannot say for sure, but I believe that it is Federal...
 whereas having a litter of puppies makes for agriculture - does not make
 sense, but the person I know that was doing it worked for the IRS and is now
 a self-employed CPA (receiving tax credits, I guess)...
 Regards,
 Lisa
 W Palm Beach >>