Re: Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Dog Breath/otterhound

sorry for the slang...Beardie is short for Bearded Collie.
This is the breed from Scotland from which the Old English Sheepdog (OES)
came from ...They are about half the size (unless you get monsters like mine
that are large for the breed) usually about 40 - 50 pounds (mine are huge at
60 & 62).
They have great personalities - In doing some research on the Pyr sites, I
noticed that there were a few people that have "beardies" (Bearded Collies)
living with Pyrs - and know I know why.  Bobo, my Pyr rescue, loves my
Beardie rescues - they really compliment each other well.
(no, they do not look like small Lassies either - Collie is just a term for
herding dog - I have to be careful, when I tell people that I have Bearded
Collies, they thing I have Lassies with beards! - if you have about four
hours to waste, go to www.beardie.net and you will be entertained for hours!
Regards,
Lisa