Re: [pyrnet] Intro and question

Welcome to the list!  Regarding the question about a book on Pyrs, the
"bible" would be Paul Strang's book, "The New Complete Great Pyrenees".  You
can get it through Amazon.com.  If by chance you can find a copy of John
Gordon's book, "The Pyrenean Mountain Dog", it is excellent (but also out of
print).  This the English equivalent of the Strang book, and I personally
like it better.  Goes into more depth about the dog, breeding, care taking,
etc, while Strang has a more historical approach.  There is another new book
out about Pyrs that is also a good beginners book that does concentrate on
Pyrs and doesn't just generalise.  Unfortunately I don't have it and can't
remember the title or author.  Can someone else help fill in the blanks?

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC