Re: [pyrnet] microchipping?

In a message dated 10/24/00 11:31:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<< I have always
 heard the S.C. is a bit of a pain where dogs are concerned.  Motels won't
 accept them, campgrounds, etc.  Can you tell me if this is really true,
 or just badmouthing?  If so, are they any more strict about animal
 ownership in any other way?  I've always been curious.  I found Ca.
 somewhat difficult to travel in when I had the Mastiffs and the Dane, but
 then I was always told that S.C. was worse?  Can you tell me anything?  >>

We haven't had any problem traveling with our guys.  The camp grounds around
us usually require that the dogs are on leads (ours are).  I can't speak for
the beaches, but if they are anything like the beaches in CA or FL, they
probably don't permit dogs either.  Hotels will vary from chain to chain.
Red Roof Inn generally accepts pets.  We stayed in a hotel back in 1998 at
Little River, SC (can't remember the name of the hotel, but I think it was
privately owned) and they happily accepted pets.  So I don't think it's any
more difficult to travel with dogs here as anywhere else.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC