Re: [pyrnet] Shadow &Noel's pictures

Hi Peggy.  Although I have already seen and saved most oftheses pictures, it
was wonderful to see them all again.
This question is directed to all of you pyr owners.  I am a rookie to pyrs.
I've never owned one, but have always wanted one.  I now have an opportunity
to get one.  I have found a breeder in Missouri, and I drove 5 hours to and
from today to see this ladies place and her dogs.  This lady has a huge
farm, she has  ALOT of pyrs because she has sheep and goats, and chickens
(basically Ole McDonald's Farm).  Her sons like St. Bernards so they have
started breeding some of these dogs as well.  The place is wonderful, all
the animals are beautiful, and well taken care of.  However, I have one
question.  I have been told alot by pyr owner's that they bark alot, but the
entire time I was at this place, the St. Bernards just about drove me crazy
with barking, but NEVER once did one of the pyrs bark...other than the "old
man" Ruff who is 10years olds, and kinda oversee's the place.  Why do these
dogs not bark?  Is it because of the St. Bernards?  Ore were they just
smart, and on their best behavior?  I would appreciate any input. Thanks,
Brandi (Indiana)