Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] company

Carol, those are choices to be made.  If your Dad-in-law is that afraid,
then he should stay away.  If your Mom doesn't want to hide the dogs
away, that is her choice.  If you choose to put your dog up for someone,
that is your choice.  I give the woman credit for telling people ahead,
so that everyone can make their own choices.  I just don't think it
should be assumed that everyone should accommodate another persons fears.
 Most people will if they think it is genuine, but I personally think a
lot of it is not.  Secondly, people with paralyzing fears need to get
help to work through them, just not assume that everyone is going to
cater to them.  A lot of people are badly bitten by animals, but they
never go on to fear the animal itself.  I am sure it goes back to how the
situation is handled at the time of the incident.  At any rate, I still
think it is a matter of choice how one deals with other peoples fears.
Oh, I think some children I have met are far more disagreeable than any
animal, I may grit my teeth, but I don't expect them to be locked away.
Although it would be nice if their parents attempted to control them!
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas