Re: [pyrnet] company

Forgive me for saying all this but most people end up being VERY defensive
of the one's they, love including their dogs.  Dog owners/lovers, face a
world where dogs aren't "welcome"  Finding an apartment that will allow pets
is like finding a needle in a haystack...but in my opinion, what 3-4, 7-8
year old kid can't be just as distructive as any dog, but no apartment
complex would dream of saying you can't have you child in you apartment?  I
went on a trip the other day, and we stopped at a gas/food station, and they
had this HUGE sign posted saying "PETS NOT WELCOME"...it sounded like a
disease. There have been recent discussions on this site about where one can
stay if traveling with a pet, because yet again there are SO many places
that pets aren't welcome.  Well, to an animal/dog lover...these pets are
part of our family. Some people can't have children so they have dogs.  When
a person KNOWS that their dog is well behaved they take offense to someone
that wont atleast attempt to get to know their dog.  In one's home may be
the only place one's dog is allowed and is welcomed with open arms.I bet the
same is true for smokers...they aren't welcome anywhere in public places to
smoke, and I would bet if one was to try to come their home and tell them "I
don't like cigarette smoke, can you stop while I'm here", that person would
not be welcomed in that home ever again.   There are just some certain
rights you have in your own home, whether you have a guest or not.  I agree
if a dog is acting inappropriately that the dog should be put in another
room or outside.  As I feel a kid should be asked to go play in his/her room
when guests come, in the event they wont leave the guests alone.  A true
fear is an understandable fear, but facing a fear sometimes is the only way
to get over it.  I'm not suggesting that someone that is afraid of dogs go
jump into a pin with 10 of them, but attemting to get past you fear is
healthy.  This certainly is upseting to me to know that people don't respect
someone's home and their family...and those certain rights you have when you
are at home.  Peggy you know that I support you 100%.  Brandi