Re: [pyrnet] pyr language. (long)

> These pyrs are special, big huggable bears, and
> wonderful friends. (If you
> train, they really don't bark unless there is
> something there!)

My bitch will sound off as soon as she hits outside.   When we lived in our
other neighborhood she would make her rounds around the stockade fence and
let anything and everything know she was there.   My male would mark the
perimeter as well.   They would do this throughout the day more like at
intervals.   My bitch will sometimes bark as she is relieving herself as well.

Now that we have moved and they are free to go in and out of their pen they
pretty much do the same but male is now sounding off as well.   He has
started this since the puppy arrived.

They will also bark if they hear something.

IMHO - I believe they are sending out warning signals to ward off
anything/one who might have the audacity to enter their territory (vbg).   I
could be giving too much credit but after all they are a guarding breed.

Take care,
Dianne M. - Jersey Shore