Re: [pyrnet] Re: Conference (was Bathing (long!!) )

<<will the minutes to the conference be available on the web or via old
fashion print?  I would be quite interested in learning more about the talks
given.>>Robyn Allwright

I am not sure about in print, but it is available on video. Details will
follow in a separate email.

It was so great to meet all our visitors and to take part in/listen to some
great discussions as part of the proceedings as well as at various dinners
and outside activities. I was happy to be home for a rest! LOL!

 Keith Savages discussion on proposed changes to the standard in the UK was
very interesting and I liked the idea that was thrown around of perhaps
working as a first step on a worldwide 'visual' standard rather than trying
to push one single written standard.  Some other interesting discussions
too.

 Everyone at the conference politely sat through my speil on Permanent
Identification - these Pyr folks can be as stoic and tolerant as their dogs
sometimes LOL! ;-).

Lots of great items for sale and there was certainly some spirited bidding
at the auction!  A pity all the items I liked quickly went out of my price
range <sigh>.

And I came home with a little bundle to add to the family too!  No, not a
puppy - a little cashmere goat kid courtesy of Milou's breeder :-).  The
little goat, who seems to have picked up the name 'Billy the Kid' (although
he is a wether) travelled back home very happily curled up on top of Milou.
The darling dog did not even blink an eye when I unceremoneoously put the
little bleating fellow in the back with her.  Billy has now settled in
nicely with Maria the sheep although I think I may just have to get him
another goat friend soon ;-)

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au