Re: [pyrnet] CHAT:New Documentary on the reintroduction

The show on the wolves was really good, sad too of course.
No Pyrs., just about the wolves, the way they function, the benefit to
the ecology.  The endless fear and hatred of them by man.  They are
considered to be the top predators in N. America, even the Bear cannot do
the job they do.  Their lives are hard, there is real structure in their
packs, their lives work and they benefit the planet.
Now if all these wonderful programs would educate the human population?
Sigh.

I loved watching it, and got a kick out of seeing our Pyr. pack function
just the way the wolves do.  Grab the legs, throat, drop weight, you can
see the ancient ways that produce the best results.  They had taken down
a roughly
15 year old Elk.  When the scientist studied her carcass they were able
to approximate her age, and the health problems.  They say they can spot
and hold ( even when the animal tries to loose itself back in the herd )
the old, ill, weak etc.  I have known this of course, but it was even
surprising to me that they completely stuck with the target.  Lots more
of course, but just to let you know if you didn't see it that it was a
very worthwhile show.
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com