Re: [pyrnet] Akbash

Sherry, The Akbash is a native of Turkey, and performs duties like that
of the Pyr.  It is all white but may have shadings around the head and
ears, stands at the taller end of Pyr. heights 28  ( females ) upwards of
34" type of thing.  120 lbs or more.  Two coat types, one short, one
longer haired but Not like a Pyr. coat in thickness.  Good family dogs if
raised that way and socialized.  Leggier appearing than our Pyrs.
Dewclaws may be absent, single, or doubles like our Pyrs.

If there is anything specific you would like to know, let me know.  Just
gave a general over view here.  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas