Re: [pyrnet] higher in the rear?

Bonnie, you may need to think Alpha a bit less, and just plain jealousy
more.  Dogs do run all the emotions too, in spite of what we are taught
to think.

As a whole, my girls will grumble more about everything.
And they will give the males a hard time.  It does become worse though
when their "Dad" gets home from work at night.  If he flops on the floor,
the girls all rush to get as close to him as they can, they grumble at
each other for best "cuddle" position.  If the boys walk by too close,
the girls utter a warning snap, and will go after them.  The girls get
told off , and if the attack is bad, they are made to do a time out,
away.  But it is every bit like jealous kids.

In your case Sophie got a great deal being able to come in and sleep with
you.  She isn't going to want to give that up.  She is jealously guarding
her own good fortune.  Objects are the same ( although we may not
appreciate their value? ).  Stand back, watch her, and see if you don't
agree, that it is jealousy more than any real effort at social climbing.
IMO,  :-)   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas