Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] higher in the rear?

My 44 pound Aussie female could clear a room of three male Pyrs - just with a
look!  My five rescues are very protective of "our" bedroom to the fosters
that I bring in and they respect that.  Over the summer when I was fostering
the other two male Pyrs, my resident Pyr, Bobo would all of the sudden chase
them out of the room that they were in.  He was very bossy with them but
never barred his teeth - he just kind of threw himself at them (all 123
pounds).  They complied and left the room.  Noone every got hurt but I made
sure to have "special" time with each and every one of them every day.  The
more secure they are with themselves, the less likely they are to be going
after one another.  And, of course, its always the boyz that want their momma
- all at the same time.  That is usually when I ! take them all for their walk
- all five together - I think that forces them to "pack" with each other when
they are away from their territory and things.
Often, too, one of mine will plant themselves right smack in the middle of
the doorway to the bedroom - or the Aussie right at the top of the stairs -
that is her way of staking her claim...its funny and interesting to watch
because noone would dare step on Derby.
Regards,
Lisa, Bobo, Belle, Derby, Chance, and Oliver (and a visiting Nicolas)