Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes

In a message dated 12/18/00 7:26:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
janices@austin.rr.com writes:

.  I couldn't get him through a
draft course which is something like going through a maze or
anything that required like going around obstacles and he shies off
from people and objects when they come in from certain directions.
The detaching in his retina corresponds to the angles he shies off
from which is peripheral vision.

It is going to be real difficult to continue to represent our dogs as working
dogs if they have vision problems.  These dogs work at night and need
excellent vision to be the best. I am worried that we are being very short
sighted (no pun intended) and dismissing the imparement only because our dogs
learn their enviromeent or can seem to make their way through a maze OK.  I
suggest this is a far cry form guarding at night and at dusk and dawn.  I see
two owners with the condition report deminished eyesight.  I would think we
should look closely at the condition and not dismiss these reports.   Its
like my understanding of PPM, what has been said here makes enough sence to
me that I will open up my mind and not just let it go as "not a problem".

Joe

Joe