Re: [pyrnet] Deliberate Breeding for Dwarfs

----- Original Message -----
From: <M3A4E5@aol.com>

To keep insisting that Dwarfs are just
as healthy (on average) as normal Pyrs is IMHO not very prudent.>>

Well, it may not be "prudent" but what do we do if it is the simple truth?
Should we warn or insist that people simply keep quiet about this truth?
Some of the first questions that the health committee gets from people who
call about having a dwarf are "Is he/she going to be sick?  Is he/she going
to be in pain?  Is he/she going to die a young and 'agonizing' death?"  In
many cases these are not breeders, they are simply owners who love their
little dogs.  One of the reasons that the committee (Peggy) embarked on the
health survey was to help us better answer those questions.  It may be an
abstract to most of the people reading these posts, but believe me, it is
anything but abstract to the owner of such a dog.  We used to send a lot of
worried owners to Carolyn for an Ubu "pep talk".  In addition to simply
missing her, we miss her ability to help these people.

Linda