Re: [pyrnet] Dew Claws

>     While we're on the subject of dew claws, I'd like to ask everyone
what they think about the following.  My oldest male Pyr {entirely purebred
:) } naturally has his front single dew claws and back double dews but on
his back left foot (I think it is....maybe his right) he has an extra, very
small nail.  Not an extra third toe on the doubles, just a tiny extra nail
on one of the double toes.  He also passes this on to about half of his
offspring.  Any thoughts?>>

Our youngest male has this type of dew claw on one of his hind feet.  About
two years ago, at a show in Sarasota, FL, Whitney Coombs gave a talk on the
breed standard.  I asked him about this -- whether it was a fault, and he
said it wasn't.  Seeing he helped put together the Illustrated Standard, I
guess he should know <G>.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees