Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

I wanted to test breed a bitch I co-owned. Her grandmother had
produced 3 litters containing dwarfs. I had access to the viable
frozen semen of a dwarf, but doing test breedings to clear
breeding stock was definitely frowned upon by the GPCA. To the
best of my knowledge, that has not changed. Over a year ago I did
hear some talk of a committee being formed to set the guidelines
for doing test breedings, but to my knowledge, there has not been
anything done in this regard. Does anyone out there know if the
committee was formed, and/or whether or not there are guidelines
in place for test breedings?

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com