Re: [pyrnet] Dew Claws

In a message dated 12/28/00 1:12:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net writes:

Our youngest male has this type of dew claw on one of his hind feet.  About
two years ago, at a show in Sarasota, FL, Whitney Coombs gave a talk on the
breed standard.  I asked him about this -- whether it was a fault, and he
said it wasn't.  Seeing he helped put together the Illustrated Standard, I
guess he should know <G>.

The French also have no concern for more than two in the rear.  Sometimes you
get a split dew claw and a fused dew claw.  The question in some minds with a
fused dew claw without another one is, is this a double dew claw or not?  I
believe almost all judges would consider it one.  Do not worry about three
dews and you see double dews on front at times as well.  I do wonder if the
mode of transmission is the same with three and this is just a singular
anomaly?

I think we are seeing more of the hanging ones and wonder genetically what
could be happening?  Any thoughts?

Joe

Joe