Re: [pyrnet] New Puppy (was Rescue Me- poem)

To add to Elaines comments, add : Take them out immediately after waking
up, and playing.

Eliminating rough mouthing is best served by allowing pups to stay with
their siblings longer, as some of us mentioned earlier, they learn
naturally that way.  Also, please remember that gentle mouthing is the
way dogs
( like human babies ) learn about their environment.  It is very soothing
for them to hold your hand gently in their mouths.  Like the babies they
are, all things go in their mouths, and you must be careful what they are
getting in
to.

The Monks of New Skete did put out a very good book, but remember to
temper it.  A lot of it is too rigid. They focus too much on dominance,
in my opinion.  We know more now about animals, and perceptions have
changed.  But that is only common sense, books are after all, only
someone else's opinion.  It is a good guide book, but bend it to work for
you.   IMO   :-)   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas